Monday 27 May 2013

Roving Rothbury Reporter!

Had a little bit of a gallivant yesterday,when you run your own shop days off are infrequent so when you do have one you tend to make the most of it.
The sun was shining so on our Sunday jaunt to Co Durham we headed in search of nice coffee and cake again. Bingo! We found it, The Carriages Tearoom in Bellingham.  I know it is a bit of a diversion to Durham, i.e a long way for a short cut, but it is a nice drive there in the sunshine!
 So The Carraiges Tearoom was a good find. Sitting in an old train carriage had  the quirkiness not twee which is an essential requirement, Coffee, I would score as 8/10, it was very morish. I strangely opted for a non chocolatey tray bake, which is unusual for me but I was tempted by their lemon and coconut slice, it was lovely soft almost fudgey in texture, I would give that a 9/10. The all important value for money factor, 10/10.
We had 2 americanos, a pot of tea for one, fruit scone and jam and my traybake and we had change back off £8! I was tempted to have lunch there but it was warm and sunny and we had puppy dog in the car so we didn't really have enough time for that.
So the Carriages Tearoom in Bellingham would feature in my Northumberland Coffee and Cake book, if I was doing one!

No comments:

Post a Comment