Monday 6 May 2013

Roving Rothbury Reporter Again!

Bank Holiday Monday, the first I have actually had free for a number of years. My good friend was in Coccuveda so I was able to have a little trip.

A nice day out in my book is morning coffee and cake at a nice coffee shop maybe a walk and a picnic lunch, I am easily pleased you see. Being an independent business, I do try and support other indies and I know that there are some excellent coffee shops throughout Northumberland.

Today I found myself being slightly disappointed as the place we chose, we had been trying to get here for some time, was a tad beyond our pockets. The place itself was great, quirky just as I like and in actual fact we did sit down at a table but looking at the prices i just couldn't justify spending £3.75 on a slice of traybake, it looked nice but wasn't exactly a huge slice, black coffee was £2.60. I know small businesses have quite a lot hidden overheads but spending £8.95 on two coffees and one traybake between the two of us didn't seem like an affordable way to have a treat. So we decided to go elsewhere. It is a shame really as this place was really my type of place. Maybe they were hoping to attract the more affluent and well heeled customer rather than your ordinary Mr and Mrs Joe Bloggs!
We did find somewhere else that was more reasonably priced that was nice enough but without the quirkiness.

Our picnic lunch was enjoyed in full view of


Our choice of place for a walk was here


Where else than in Northumberland can Darby and Joan and Dog go to such a wide expanse of beautiful sandy beach on a bank holiday Monday and have it all to themselves!  Is anybody going to have a guess as to where we were/

No comments:

Post a Comment