Thursday 3 April 2014

Roving Rothbury Reporter," Fog on the Tyne" and the Wear!!

Yesterday we were on a mission , to replenish my marbles!!! So our Durham trip had to be via The Sunderland glass Centre, you might think that would be where we would have our coffee stop, but, been there done that and it  never warranted a report.

The voice in my ear had a plan though, he had read about a Pub with Patisserie in Newcastle. Quirky or what? A pub with cake, surely a winning combination, so we just had to give it a try.
Our first stop was therefore in Newcastle, at The Free Trade Inn overlooking the Tyne, a foggy Tyne.




I know the outside appearance doesn't suggest coffee and cake it looks more of a real ale type place, but in we wandered to a very friendly welcome and the vision of chocolate brownie under a couple of cloches.
Sorted! There wasn't a vast choice of sweetmeats, but they had two sorts of brownie on offer so that was good. We chose the salted caramel one as opposed to the cream egg one, didn't want sugar over load.


 The coffee was alright, maybe too small a cup for the price of it but the star of the show was definitely the salted caramel brownie, it was delicious, in fact might stick my neck out and say it is the best of what we have had recently!


 Puppy dog was even welcome inside The Free Trade Inn,  she did get over excited to see another dog so she was relegated back to the car.

It was unusual to have coffee and cake in a pub as opposed to ale but as I said before it is a winning combination, next time I will be having some ale though!

,

We then headed off to get my marbles at Sunderland, not only was there fog on the Tyne but there was Fog on the Wear too! Lindisfarne, in their song say "The fog on the Tyne is all mine all mine!" I wonder who claims the fog on the Wear?


Now I have my marbles I had best get busy making some more of

for 




No comments:

Post a Comment