Friday 14 March 2014

Roving Rothbury Reporter Loves Cafe Culture!

With beautiful sunshine and bright blue skies, outing this week had us heading to the seaside.......with puppy dog in tow of course!
If I didn't live in the beautiful village of Rothbury I am sure this place would be top of my list of nice places to live. Tynemouth!


Cafe Culture is thriving in Tynemouth, there is no end of choices for morning coffee, afternoon tea, delicious lunches etc and with it being such a lovely day there was a lot of outside seating being occupied, there was indeed a real buzz about Tynemouth that Thursday seemed as if it could have been  a sunny Sunday.

As I said we were spoilt for choice for our taste of " Cafe Culture" but  Dil & the Bear, with it's tempting treats in the window  drew us inside.

We chose to sit inside rather than outside as the interior looked so stylish and welcoming so we had to enjoy the interior ambiance. Dil -the-bear
We splashed out on a cake each this week with our Americanos, gooey chocolaty brownie and treacle and ginger loaf were the choices, my brownie was by far the best choice. The velvety chocolateness |(not sure that is a proper word!) complimented the coffee perfectly,I was soon filled with coffee and cake contentedness! We had change back out of £10 this week but there were two cakes!
To ladies, the "Ladies" is always an important necessity and has the ability to influence your opinion of a place just as much as the food served. "Dil & the bears stylishness flowed through here with a flourish as well and if I thought posting a picture of the loos on my blog was appropriate I would have, but I don't so I won't!
I think we made a good choice for our treat this week, wonder where we will wander next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment